A Bit Self-Indulgent

I've been waiting for Thursday to come since Monday. I can almost taste it, but first! a physics exam. In a desperate attempt to avoid studying physics I found myself something to do, inspired by one of my friends I follow here on blogspot. Behold, 100 Random Facts about Alyssa!



1. Alyssa.
2. Nikki to my immediate and extended family, Alyssa to high school friends, and Alsy to college friends.
3. I've been wearing glasses since I was five years old. Purple plastic floral print frames.
4. I'm very small, but now I'm perfectly happy with hy height, quite honestly. :D
5. Eldest of four children, but could easily pass as the youngest.
6. Bio major by choice.
7. College fantasy before college: Me running around the Sunken Garden with paint brushes and canvas to paint al fresco. Haha.
8. College fantasy now that I'm in college: PGH shifts in white.
9. College reality: Hours in the library despite questioning the practical value of everything.
10. I can listen to a lot of genres of music. Except punk rock.
11. ... But I lean towards rock the most, and I have a soft spot for heavy metal.
12. The Beatles, The Eraserheads, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, Nirvana, and Led Zeppelin. In that order.
13. I like old, defunct music.
14. I LOVE the Lord of the Rings! I used to write in Tengwar script :P
15. I'm a deeply spiritual person.
16. Ultimate dreamboat: smart, artsy-fartsy writer who likes to talk about deep things. May or may not play (bass) guitar (but highly recommended). Kill me now!
17. Or John Lennon (see no. 16)
18. Favorite beverage: milk.
19. I love strawberries! In all its forms: edible strawberries, jewelry, clothing, random useless overpriced junk.
20. Favorite color yellow.
21. I enjoy drawing. I suck at realistic drawings though.
22. But I'm quite good at drawing hands. But only when I'm using a pencil.
23. I don't really like pencils.
24. I like painting. I'm probably a post-impressionist. If there is such a thing.
25. The smell of turpentine gets me high. Haha.
26. I like painting trees.
27. My first painting was of the night sky. It's completely blue, except for a spot of white at the middle.
28. Someone actually tried to buy this painting, but I told her I wasn't selling it (it was my first!).
29. I like ripped jeans.
30. I also like the color red. Reminds me of strawberries and hearts. Haha.
31. I'm very WYSIWYG. You could almost always read my feelings on my face.
32. I don't drink. Or smoke. Or do drugs. Or cut class (okay, maybe two to three times I have).
33. Posterchild for good girl.
34. I'm a photography enthusiast.
35. I've only been in love once in my life. I think. (update: 4)
36. I'm athletically retarded. I can swim. But that's it.
37. I want to become a doctor so I can change the world. Tskk.
38. But I'm seriously considering alternatives, now.
39. Exchange student for two weeks (Japan)
40. Comfort food: spaghetti and fried chicken.
41. Amelie and Stranger than Fiction.
42. Amelie, Will Ferrell's character (forgot his name) and Maggie Gyllenhaal's character (forgot her name too) all sort of remind me of myself.
43. I don't sing.
44. If you hear me sing for Rockband, karaoke, or whatever, it means I'm comfortable with you.
45. Linger is my Rockband song. Perfect ko yun.
46. I like the Cranberries. Dolores' (the vocalist) voice is *usually in my vocal range.
47. I like John Mayer's music.
48. A few of my favorite songs: Mayonaise, Comfortably Numb, Finetime.
49. and some favorite love songs: Don't Let Me Down, Luna, Lovesong, Ligaya, Stand Inside Your Love, Love Song for No One, and Here, There, and Everywhere.
50. I'm a bit passive-agressive.
51. I can be reaaally lazy. I'm also a bit of a procrastinator.
52. Ely Buendia's a dreamboat too.
53. Big Bang Theory's probably the only series to ever seriously get me hooked. Modern Family and HIMYM are getting there.
54. I like cheesecake.
55. I like baking! Pies and cookies.
56. I enjoy feeding people. Myself included.
57. Top albums: Circus, Abbey Road, Sticker Happy, Siamese Dream, and Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness.
58. I laugh a lot.
59. I like corny jokes.
60. I love trees.
61. And flowers.
62. I love God :)
63. And the Book of Psalms. (Though I'm not done yet.)
64. I'm blind without my glasses.
65. My glasses make my eyes look bigger! Am I the only one?
66. I have really small eyes that disappear when I laugh.
67. I had my 18th birthday at McDo. Haha.
68. I stutter a lot.
69. I read Jessica Zafra.
70. I have great friends.
71. And a great family.
72. I'm very close to both my parents. And my family in general :))
73. My closest friends and I very rarely talk because of school.
74. But some things never change :)
75. Biggest regret in life: having a gay dude do my makeup for three formals. Haay.
76. I rarely cuss.
77. One of the boys. Except I don't do sports.
78. But a real girly-girl.
79. I'm a night person.
80. The Sims franchise. I can play for days, stopping for bathroom breaks and occasional meals.
81. I used to play Ragnarok to the point of obsession. I would plan skills, stat point, equipment on paper, then use a generator online. Haha.
82. When I'm sad, I listen to Alice in Chains, Metallica or Smashing Pumpkins (or something really loud and/or sad), watch babies on YouTube, or read failblog.org.
83. I wanted to be an architect at some point.
84. And a teacher at another.
85. I like taking walks alone. It's when I get material for writing or painting.
86. I like watching the clouds.
87. I love this time of the year. It's so beautiful when the trees at CAS shed their leaves. When the wind blows, the leaves fall, ala-hana fubuki.
88. I'm a bit uptight.
89. Not really. I'm quite rebellious.
90. Or just, really, ambivalent. Haha.
91. I've never been in a serious, exclusive relationship.
92. I find the prospect of falling in love again to be extremely frightening.
93. ... Because I fall fast, and heal very, veery slowly.
94. This is my fifth blog. I had a Xanga in grade school, a Livejournal in second year high school, a Multiply from third year to a bit of fourth year, and another Multiply after. All now inactive.
95. I'm very easily distracted.
96. I should be studying for a physics exam!
97. I don't really believe in karma. Not in this life, at least.
98. I'll save the heavier stuff for when we meet in person. Remind me!
99. I was only planning to do fifty of these (see 96), but here I am typing away!
100. Now I'm really going to go study physics. Haha.

Will return when we win freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment