Windmills

I've never seen the sea in so pure a shade of blue. Beyond the shore, the horizon was simply a blurred line, where the sky seemed to melt into the ocean. The wind would make ripples on the water's surface, and with each ripple, tiny diamonds on the ocean floor would send out their lights, dancing around the sun's reflection on the sea. A narrow road coiled around the mountain, twisting, gently rising and falling until it crept nearer and nearer the water. From where I was seated, it felt like we were driving straight into the ocean.

I knew how you loved the sea, so I thought I'd take a picture to show you back home. (Heck, I even took a video.) But when I watched the playback, the blues were closer to slate, and the white sand shore looked like a dusty dirt road.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment